Skip to main content
82 Wendell Avenue, STE 100, Pittsfield, MA 01201 | (508) 475-6002

Certificate of Authority – Massachusetts LLC

Foreign Limited Liability Company in Massachusetts

If you run an LLC located outside of Massachusetts and you want to do business in Massachusetts, you will register your limited liability company as a Massachusetts foreign LLC. Once your paperwork is filed, the state returns a filed certificate of authority from the Massachusetts Secretary of State, Corporations Division.

As your registered agent, we can register your out of state LLC in Massachusetts for $100 plus the state filing fee.

OR, you can do it yourself, and just hire us as your Massachusetts registered agent. All Foreign LLCs in Massachusetts will require a registered agent. We offer this service from us for $49 a year.

After you sign up for Massachusetts registered agent service, you will be logged into your client account online where you’ll find the Massachusetts foreign LLC form you submit to the Corporations Division of the Massachusetts Secretary of State.

After looking at the forms and resources we include in your client account, if you do not want to actually file the paperwork yourself, you can find and click on the add services tab in your client account, and get us to file the paperwork for you for $100 plus the state filing fees. As part of that service, we will also obtain the correct documentation from the home state of your LLC organization that we need to register you correctly with the Massachusetts Secretary of State.