82 Wendell Avenue, STE 100, Pittsfield, MA, 01201 | (508) 475-6002

Filing Service – Massachusetts Certificate of Authority

MA Foreign Corporation

If you are a corporation located in another state and want to transact business in Massachusetts, you will need a Certificate of Authority from the State of Massachusetts. You can get one by filing as a foreign corporation with the Corporations Division of the Massachusetts Secretary of State. Once filed, the State of Massachusetts will return a filed certificate of authority to you. A Massachusetts foreign corporation should not be confused with an out-of-country corporation. Any corporation not actually formed (Created) in Massachusetts is called a foreign corporation.

We only charge for the state filing fees plus $100 to prepare and submit the Foreign Massachusetts Corporation Certificate of Authority form to the Massachusetts Secretary of State, Corporations Division. We also will find the forms needed from your home state of incorporation to file your documents.

If you want to submit the paperwork yourself: you just need to sign up for our registered agent service in Massachusetts and you’ll find the foreign corporation form is already in your online account immediately. As an added bonus, we’ve included some filing tips on how to submit your paperwork with the state. You are required to have a registered agent in Massachusetts anyway, so we try to make this an easy process for you, whether you want us to submit your papers or you want to do the filing yourself.

How Do I Get Started?

Just sign up for registered agent service first. You then can look at the foreign corporation form in your online account and also at our filing tips. If you decide not to fill out and submit the paperwork yourself, you can click the “add services” tab from your account, and add our filing services for $100 plus the state filing fees. You can see real time status of our work in progress in your online account at all times. Once we are finished with your foreign corporation registration in Massachusetts, we always upload the filing into your online account, email it to you, and mail you the original filed documents.